Thursday, March 5, 2009

Taiwan here I come

Day 2....

Spent the day walking around getting reaquianted with HK. Looked at all the crap for sale in MongKok, took the Star Ferry, and got caught in terrential downpour....all in all good times.

I forgot how ridiculously expensive the night life in HK was. I spent a few days worth of budget having a couple drinks last night...crazy. Ah well it was certainly a fun one, met this guy named Nicholas while waiting for the elevator to get up to my "hostel" (just as aside, you've never waited until you've waited for the elevator in Chung King mansions...takes forever) and we went out for some drinks in TST before going to Wan Chai where we met up with Corynn and her friend.

Woke up early today and took quite possibly the worst (but most needed) shower ever...no need too really explain. After that I walked around TST, went to Yau Ma Tei and just took in the sights. Oh how I missed the fresh air...

Also, I bought my ticket to Taiwan today. Heading there via Singapore and staying there for about 3 weeks. I am really looking forward to seeing Taiwan and of course to see my old buddy Moss, I think its been a year (at least) since ive seen him. I leave Saturday morning (god I hope I wake up...8 am...ugghh) and don't come back to HK until the day I fly back home. The main reason for this is because it is soooo much cheaper to fly places out of Singapore (which I will be using as my hub for getting around SE Asia, an idea I stole from Sarah Hall back in Guelph). That way it will be a lot easier to get to places like KL, Bangkok, Cambodia etc...which is good news. I may even go to Australia for a little...who knows.

One more thing...why do people keep their umbrellas open when they are walking underneath a covered walkway???? To me this is so annoying as I tend to poked in the eye with em, and at least when theres rain coming down its for good reason. But no one needs an umbrella when they are under something covered, am I right????? I have a picture but I am not sure how to add em in here...maybe I'll figure that out tomorrow...

Anyway thats all for now, have a good one

ps - burn my stuff all you want, but if you hurt the penguin there is going to be some serious reprecussions...serious reprecussions.

pps - save me some of that canadian mist??? or is it too late?

1 comment:

  1. Your Canadian Mist is gone.
    We ACTUALLY have a plant that makes it here.
    So... no worries!

    ReplyDelete