Thursday, March 5, 2009

Riches!!!

Well I wasn't going to do a posting for a little while, as I was trying to build a few stories instead of just recounting my entire day because...well...quite frankly not every day is exciting enough that people would actually want to read about it.

Having said that, I neeeeed to tell this story:

Last night this friendly Dutch girl mentioned she was going to a nice restaurant for dinner and asked if I wanted to tag along. Worried about how much it would cost I politely declined saying I was trying to save money. After a few minutes I thought to myself: "Self, when is the next time I am going to be in HK? I might as well just go...whats an extra couple of dollars, especially at the beginning of the trip." So I went, and as it turns out this restaurant has a view equivalent of Canoe except nicer. And I am not exagerating....30 floors up, right on the water in TST looking out over the gorgeous HK Skyline with its magical colours and interesting architecture. Anyone that has seen a picture of the Skyline (or seen it in person) knows what I am talking about.

Anyway, after dinner my new friend and I decided to go to bar that a friend had told her about called The Feather Boa, in Soho. We walked into this place and immediately we noticed we were underdressed. Undeterred by that we order a couple drinks...my friend orders a Chocolate Strawberry somethingorother and the martini glass has chocolate dust all around it. I asked how they do it and the bartender told me it was a secret...

Now, this place is packed to the tits so as soon as two seats become available we snatch them up. As soon as we sit down I look to the ground and notice three 100$ bills just lying there. Not one to keep money lonely, I pick up two of them (the other was caught under something) and throw them into my pocket. As I am doing this, I take a closer look at the bills and realize that those weren't 100's, they were THOUSANDS. My friend and I look at each other, grab the third bill from the ground and get out of there before someone notices they are missing 600$ Canadian....

Initially, I felt bad about taking the money because well how would you feel if you lost that kind of money??? But really, there was no option of giving it back to anyone...how do you ask someone if they lost 1000$....anyone and everyone would say yes. I'd rather it be me with some extra cash anyway. Besides, if your out carrying that kind of money and are too drunk or too careless to not protect it then maybe you deserve to lose it???? (maybe not) Anyway, we take our new found riches to another bar where I by a couple drinks that I've been wanting to try and never have (Macallan 18, Hennessey XO) and we giddly enjoy the fact that someone else is paying....

We made it an early night as I wanted to save most of my half of the money (yea, we shared it) but that was such an amazing thing to happen that I needed to share it with ya.....

Okay well I am going to make like a banana and head out...peace

1 comment:

  1. Excellent blogging, Mr. Sefton... I think you have a knack for travelling well. If you're in the mood for some cold, rainy weather come visit me, I'm currently in the UK, though would consider temporary relocation for an "outing" of sorts with you!

    much love - meg

    ReplyDelete