Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Off to Cambodia

Well I have been in Malaysian Borneo for a about week...

Kuching was my first city. Stayed in quite possibly the worst place on earth for about 4 dollars...should sprung for an extra 2 dollars to get the room that didn't look like it was straight out of a horror flick. Ever smelled BO so bad, that the BO had its own BO?? That was what my hostel was like.

I have been in Sabah for the rest of the trip, going to see some Orangutans and just relaxing with this Irish guy I met on the plane ride over...its soooo much cheaper when your travelling with someone and can split on everything.

One thing I will remember about here is that it is sooo expensive to do any of the outdoorsy stuff. All the tours are ridiculously over priced. For instance, if you want to climb the Mt. Kinabalu (a huge, gorgeous climb) you need to pay something like 300 Canadian dollars for two days....not really in my budget unfortunately.

Anyway in a few hours I am off to Singapore for a day to do my laundry (one of the more charming things about backpacking is after a day of hiking and sweating, taking a shower and feeling so clean and then having to put on dirty clothes...doing laundry is like a two day ordeal in some places) and then heading to Cambodia. I am pretty excited to get back to some culture and see some temples and all that. I have heard nothing but good things about Cambodia...

No comments:

Post a Comment